After doing a strong purification, casting a circle, calling the quarters, and doing a strong “tree meditation” (as in Starhawk’s Spiral Dance):
Visualize the essence of each of the elemental energies within and say affirmations identifying with each of the elements, and with what you affirm:
– “I am Earth, I am centered and strong. I am the vessel through which my True Will manifests.
– I am Air, I am focused. My mind is keen and tuned to reveal my True Will.
– I am Fire, I have the power within to know my True Will and to act upon it.
– I am Water, I am sensitive, intuitive, and magickal. The waters of my inner consciousness are calm, clear and clean. I am able to see into my depths and to know my True Will.
– I am Spirit. I am all that is. I am Balance and Unity. I am that from which my True Will comes.”
Consecrate a candle with five elemental tools and do a free form chant to dedicate the candle to aid in knowing your true will. Light the candle and place it in front of you. Gazing at the candle, meditate on the following, one at a time: Know thyself, areas where your are uncertain of your true will, your commitment to act on your True Will when you know it, and spiritual growth from knowledge of self.
Then chant until you feel unity with the light from the flame
“Candle light, candle glow, inner sight, will to know.”
You should then go into a trance and get direct messages from deep within.
When you have received what you need, tell yourself to remember your insights and take a few deep breaths and return to the circle.
Then say something like
“Though I extinguish this candle flame and end this rite, may I always be aware of the flame of will that burns within me, and may I always act according to my True Will, born of Spirit. So mote it be” and blow out the candle.
Adapted from a spell by Saoirse