- Salt Water purification – Salt is an essential element that conducts electrical energy. It can be a symbol that neutralizes negative energies, attracts positive energy, and promotes balance of the energy of the objects & self. You take 1 cup of water & 3 tbs. of salt and stir them together counterclockwise. You purify all tools in salt water over night. If you want to cleanse yourself then you cleanse your tools, meditate, ground yourself, declare healing, and take a sip of the salt water.
- consecrating tools – You consecrate tools when you receive them, periodically throughout the year, after illness, or exposure to negative energy. The process is simple. You first purify the tools, then charge the tools in the sun for at least 3 hours then rub your palms together to symbolize magnetic energy, pick up a took (left hand on bottom, right hand on top) and visualize the intent or purpose of the tool. That’s it!
- cleansing the area – First light a scented candle or incense to let the smell permeate the room. Then clear your alter, wash it with salt water. You can also use a broom & sweep out bad energy as well.
- self consecration – You begin by putting a drop of oil on your thumb and say I dedicate my life to the God & the Goddess then put your thumb on your forehead and say in my mind. Then move your thumb to your lips & say in my body and finally move your thumb to your heart & say in my spirit. Then clasp hands and say and with all my strength and will.
- prepare alter – I make a list of all alter supplies for the ritual, gather the objects, put down a nice cloth, and place my God & Goddess candle on my Alter.
- cast circle – A circle is cast by personal energy. The circle can be outlined with string, herbs, candles salt or water. Stand in the center of the circle and center yourself. Raise your hands up, take a deep breath, and visualize drawing the energy of the universe into you. Then walk around the circle starting at the North end with your finger or wand pointed and walk clockwise around the edge until you are at the northern point again. Say while walking My circle is filled with spirit & light, & all things that are holy and right.
- anointing candles – Put some anointing oil on your thumb, then follow the diagram.
- dedicating candles – After the candle is anointed say I dedicate this candle to … & then whatever purpose you want your candle to serve. Then light it!
- welcome elements – I do my elements in a weird way because it is the way that makes sense to me personally. So do them whatever way you want. I start with air & say Spirits of the East, Guardians of the winds, may you grant me the joy of your presence; your light and your energy is in this time & space. Now Say this while facing east, and then when your done light the candle & say Thank you eastern guardian for being here. Now I do fire & say Spirits of the South, Guardians of the fire, may you grant me the joy of your presence; your light and your energy is in this time & space. Now Say this while facing South, and then when your done light the candle & say Thank you Southern guardian for being here. Next I do water & say Spirits of the West, Guardians of the Water, may you grant me the joy of your presence; your light and your energy is in this time & space. Now Say this while facing West, and then when your done light the candle & say Thank you Western guardian for being here. Then I do earth & say Spirits of the North, Guardians of the Earth, may you grant me the joy of your presence; your light and your energy is in this time & space. Now Say this while facing North, and then when your done light the candle & say Thank you Northern guardian for being here.
- welcome deities – I say Goddess Mother hear my cry, across the world, my spell shall fly, to ask of thee upon this night, please aid me in my magic rite. Then I invoke the God by saying Father God to thee I call, Lord of forest and tall oak, I ask of thee upon this night, aid me with your magic might.
- thanksgiving – I give thanksgiving next simply because i feel I should. You don’t have to. Some people prefer to do this at the end of their rituals. I give thanks to the gods and I say 5-10 things that I am personally thankful for. Then I meditate for a little on each one and why exactly I’m thankful for it.
- stating the purpose of the ritual – This is pretty obvious. I just say why I am doing this ritual. Is is a Sabbat? Is this for healing? Just be honest with yourself and ask why is everyone being called on tonight?
- magical workings & devotions – the ‘meat’ of your ritual. This is where all spell work is done as well as Sabbat rites and moon cycles rites. Have fun! And remember to stop often & reflect on how you feel. Write everything down as you go! It will be valuable later.
- raising the energy/releasing the energy – This is the fun part! Get excited! Sing, dance, read a poem that inspires you or reminds you of the ritual you are doing, read some affirmations, read the Credo or the Creed. Just have a good time. It’s your time to kind of hang out and have fun with the gods. Now when your done with that releasing is simply meditation or reflecting on what you just did. Collect your thoughts, lower your pulse, just chill.
- grounding – First sit on the floor, meditate on returning the energies to the earth. Access the energy and place it back down, visualize it leaving you. At the end you should feel whole and centered.
- thanking the deities – I say Goddess Mother and Lord Father, thank you for coming to my circle tonight, and for aiding me in my magic rite, i bid peace be with you as you go on your way. Blessed be.
- thanking the elements – Ok, for this I thank each element separately with this prayer: Thank you spirits of the watchtower of the (insert direction) element (insert element) for being in my circle tonight, and aiding me in my magic rite. Peace be with you as you go on your way. Blessed be.
- closing the circle – I walk counter clockwise around the circle with my finger pointed and I am visualizing the energy returning and leaving my space. When I’m done walking I say The Circle is open, but unbroken may the peace of the goddess be ever in your heart, merry meet and merry part & merry meet again! Blessed Be!
- eating snacks – time to celebrate! You finished your ritual. Now is the time I have a snack, usually fruit of the season or a baked good and tea or milk. I also journal for a while on the ritual I just preformed focusing on my shift of conscience.